Bring your dog on holiday to Lakes Entrance!
Why you should bring your dog on your next holiday!
When it comes to planning a holiday, many pet owners may wonder if they should bring their furry friend along for the adventure. While it may seem easier to leave your dog behind with a pet-sitter or at a boarding facility, there are many benefits to bringing your dog on holiday with you. Here are just a few reasons why you should consider taking your dog on your next holiday or short break:
- Assistance with tasks: If you have a dog that has been trained to perform specific tasks, such as assisting with mobility or providing security, they can be a great help during your time away from home.
- Reduced stress and anxiety levels: Dogs have a calming effect on people, and can help reduce stress and anxiety levels. They are great companions to have on holiday.
- Opportunities for physical activity and outdoor adventures: Taking your dog on holiday provides an opportunity for both of you to enjoy the outdoors and get some exercise. Whether it’s hiking, running, or swimming, your dog will enjoy the opportunity to explore new places and have fun at your side.
- Icebreaker and conversation starter: Dogs are great icebreakers and can be a great way to strike up conversations with other holidaymakers. They can also be a great way to meet new people and make friends.
- More pet-friendly accommodation options available: Since Covid, many more Caravan Parks, Hotels, Motels, and Holiday Rentals now allow pets, making it easier to find accommodations that will allow your dog to stay inside with you. Check out what we offer at Prime Tourist Park – Adult Only & Pet Friendly here: https://primetouristpark.com.au/best-pet-friendly-accommodation/
- Additional source of entertainment and joy: Your dog can be a great source of entertainment and joy during your holiday. Whether it’s playing fetch on the beach or going for a hike in the mountains, your dog will be there to share your holiday memories.
- Excuse to explore new places and try new activities: Bringing your dog along can provide an excuse to explore new places and try new activities. Whether it’s visiting a new city or trying a new outdoor activity, your dog will be there to join in the experience.
- Chance to meet new people and make friends: Traveling with your dog can provide an opportunity to meet new people and make friends with other dog owners.
- Dogs are great companions for solo travellers: Dogs make great companions for solo travellers, providing comfort and companionship.
- More pet travel options available: Some airlines now offer pet travel options, making it easier to bring your dog on holiday with you.
- More off-leash options available: Many towns in Australia now have designated dog areas, making it easier to find places where your dog can run and play. Some even provide special areas for smaller or larger dogs to play together with other breeds of similar size. East Gippsland Shire Council have introduced an agility-style off-leash area called Palmers Off Leash Fenced Dog Park for those visiting Lakes Entrance, Victoria.
- Cost-effective alternative to pet-sitting or boarding: Bringing your dog with you on holiday can be a cost-effective alternative to pet-sitting or boarding, and take away the stress of worrying if they are ok or not.
- Opportunity to enjoy nature and the open air: Taking your dog on your holiday provides an opportunity to enjoy nature and the open air together.
- Creation of lasting memories and experiences: Bringing your dog along can create lasting memories and experiences for both you and your pet. You may enjoy visiting places like Wyanga Park Winery or Red Bluff Brewers, both pet friendly and serving delicious food and beverages to delight your taste buds and add to the overall experience of being among nature, together.
- Peace of mind and sense of security: Having your dog with you can give you peace of mind and a sense of security knowing that your best friend is by your side.
- Dogs can help create a sense of routine and normalcy in an unfamiliar environment: For some dogs, sticking to familiar routines can help them feel more comfortable in an unfamiliar place, and having your dog with you on holiday can help create a sense of normalcy.
- Dogs are great companions for outdoor activities: Many dogs love the outdoors and are great companions for activities like hiking, camping, and other outdoor activities. Taking your dog on holiday can provide new and exciting experiences for both of you.
- Some destinations offer dog-friendly beaches and parks: Many destinations now offer dog-friendly beaches and parks, which can provide new and exciting experiences for you and your dog. You can walk your dog along the beautiful Ninety Mile Beach at Lakes Entrance every day of the year as long as they are on a lead.
- Taking your dog on holiday can provide an opportunity to give them new experiences and help them socialize: For many dogs, new experiences and socialization can be beneficial for their development and overall well-being.
- Dogs can be great travel companions: Dogs are often more low-maintenance than human companions and they make great travel companions.
- Dogs are great companions to have with you in places where you might feel lonely or isolated: If you’re traveling solo, or to a place where you might feel lonely or isolated, having your dog with you can provide a sense of comfort and companionship.
- Bringing your dog on holiday can provide the opportunity to make new friends: Many people are often drawn to dogs and are open to striking up a conversation about them, bringing your dog on holiday can provide the opportunity to make new friends.
- Some destinations offer dog-friendly activities: such as dog-sledding, agility courses, and more, which can provide new and exciting experiences for your dog.
- Consider travelling to a place where your dog might be able to run free and enjoy the open space: Lakes Entrance offers “Brackenbush Unleashed” containing well-fenced, open spaces where dogs can run free. This can be a great way for your dog to enjoy the open air and have fun smelling the fresh air and scents from the adjoining Colquhoun State Forest.
- Traveling with your dog can also provide an opportunity to teach them new tricks and reinforce training: Taking your dog on holiday can provide the right environment without any work or time restraints to teach them new tricks and reinforce training, which can be beneficial for both of you. If your holiday is in the Lakes Entrance region, there are several choices of Trainers willing to assist as you work with your dog, and puppy classes are also available with Playful Paws PetStock or Tranquila Dog Training
- Dogs can be great stress-relievers: Having your dog with you on holiday can help keep you calm and relaxed, dogs are known to be great stress-relievers.
Overall, there are many benefits to bringing your dog on holiday with you, and it can be a great way to create new memories and experiences, which will strengthen the bond with your furry friend. So, next time you’re planning a holiday, don’t forget to include your dog in the adventure and check out our Lakes Entrance suggestions https://primetouristpark.com.au/what-to-do-in-lakes-entrance/